Hubbell HID fixture ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtfallsmikey

Can anyone ID this Hubbell fixture, data label totally faded out, takes an M1000U bulb, have a bunch of these at my church that have leaked, rusty sockets...

Yes, I know... we're looking at replacing these with LED, but there are 28 of them..:blink:

Attachments

• Hubbell.jpg
    Hubbell.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 0

mtfallsmikey

I believe I can safely say winner winner chicken dinner! Most of these are pointing up from the ground, some have gotten water in them, and have corroded bases/sockets, going to check with Hubbell to see about parts. They light up the 3 crosses/flagpoles in the attached pic. Thanks Joe!

Attachments

• Crosses.jpg
    Crosses.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 0

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Apparently yes:

Up-Aiming Instructions: (See Figure 4A)
For aiming above horizontal, a drain hole knockout is provided on the back
of the socket housing. To open the drain hole, place a flat blade screwdriver
directly between the two indicator marks (AA) on the back of the socket
housing and strike the handle of the screwdriver sharply with a hammer. The
use of safety glasses is recommended

Over 28kw for three flag poles? :eek:hmy: How much of the collection plate every Sunday goes towards the electric bill?

mtfallsmikey

Apparently yes:

Over 28kw for three flag poles? :eek:hmy: How much of the collection plate every Sunday goes towards the electric bill?

The tallest of the crosses is 150' tall. No drain holes were punched in, I have considered drilling a weep hole in front of the socket, that's where the water lays in. They are considering a LED replacement system.

kwired

Electron manager
Aww man... I have no idea, that lighting is not sub-metered as far as I know.

If electric rate is 10 cents a kilowatt hour and you figured 12 hours average per day (will be more in winter, less in summer if on a photocell, but will sort of average out) that would come up to around $1000 a month just to run those 28 lights.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
If electric rate is 10 cents a kilowatt hour and you figured 12 hours average per day (will be more in winter, less in summer if on a photocell, but will sort of average out) that would come up to around $1000 a month just to run those 28 lights.

This sounds like a job for (drum roll) Super LED!

Status
Not open for further replies.