Hydraulic Bender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northern Industrial Tools Hydraulic Pipe Bending Machine ? 4in. Capacity, Model# 2702S078

Northern Industrial Tools Hydraulic Pipe Bending Machine ? 3in., 2702S077

Hi all, Asking for advice again only this time on a Hydraulic bender I want to buy from Northern Tool. Has anyone purchased from Norhtern tool are their equipment worth purchasing? I have in mind one of the following;

Northern Industrial Tools Hydraulic Pipe Bending Machine ? 4in. Capacity, Model# 2702S078
about $700.00
or

Northern Industrial Tools Hydraulic Pipe Bending Machine ? 3in., 2702S077 about $500.00
I don't think I will be doing any 4 inch runs in the near future however if I need a 4 inch shoe at least I will have one therefore I am thinking of getting the 4 inch bender.

I Also have posted on other sites so this question maybe redundant to some of you.

480sparky

I will bet a dollar that unit is not to be used for conduit bending.

The manuals don't specifically mention conduit by name, but they do say the benders are not for 'thin wall pipe'.

I'll bet another dollar the bending radius would make a conduit bend illegal.

wireguy8169

Just checked it out on the site for that model number and does not specifically say conduit, this is from the product manual...Might want to make sure before you buy it

"The Hydraulic Pipe Bender is designed for bending thick-walled pipes (black iron, schedule 40 &80, etc.). There are six different bending dies ranging from 1/2" to 2" for Item# 141805, eight different bending dies ranging from 1/2" to 3" for Item# 426261 and nine different bending dies ranging from 1/2" to 4" for Item# 426260. The Hydraulic Pipe Bender is not designed for bending thin-walled pipes"

480sparky

Gotta love the instructions! (remember, this is a manually-operated hydraulic system)

WARNING: Read and understand all instructions. Failure to follow all instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.

macmikeman

I know I should have bookmarked it, but I once ran across a website that had complete instructions on how to -get this- make your own bender for up to 2" emt using wood. It had pictures of the ones the guy made. Pardon me while I go google for a bit.....

Ok, here it is. Correction- for up to 1" but as the author says- you could go to 2" if you had a gorilla for a helper.....http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/pipe/index.html

Last edited:

shepelec

A lot of that stuff is made in China. I bought a conduit threader through them. The problem was you couldn't get the clamp tight enough to keep the pipe locked in. When the dies caught you would get two or three threads and then the clamp would slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.