I Graduated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed downey

I have been going to night school for a B.S. degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering for the past 10 years and last weekend I finally graduated.

It also turns out that I am smart:grin:

At least according to UMKC, I graduated Magna Cum Laude:grin:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have been going to night school for a B.S. degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering for the past 10 years and last weekend I finally graduated.

It also turns out that I am smart:grin:

At least according to UMKC, I graduated Magna Cum Laude:grin:

Congrats Ed , you have got to be smarter than I am. Good luck-- got a job yet? :)

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Congratulations ED, good job
icon14.gif

Roger

ed downey

Thanks for the congrats.

Yes, I have a job working for a large general contractor as the MEP Manager (kind of like an in house consultant and pre-construction cost estimator).

I have been here for ten years now and they picked up 80% of the cost of the eductaion which is a big load off me financially.

-Ed

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Congratulations!! No small feat, going to night school after working all day. You've obviously followed the old 10% rule for a long time (being at least 10% smarter than the object you are working with) and now you have upped it to 20%. Best wishes.

ed downey

Yes, I will be taking the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) on October 30, 2010. Then we will see if they allow me any special time off for good behavior before I take the PE since I have been working with engineers for the past ten years.

-Ed

Awg-Dawg

Congratulations!!!!!

Now give me your home phone#.

I have insomnia and questions come to me in the middle
of the night.:D

shamsdebout

Yes, I will be taking the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) on October 30, 2010. Then we will see if they allow me any special time off for good behavior before I take the PE since I have been working with engineers for the past ten years.

-Ed

Good to hear, I trust you have been studying well, :D? I think you on your way to something big.

Status
Not open for further replies.