I hate these switches

Tainted

Occupation
Engineer (PE)
Does anybody know how to properly open these Siemens Vacu-Break type switches without cutting off the power? I know it's possible because I've seen it done before.

I think we have to stick a screw driver below the lever, we tried it however the electrician and I were having trouble with this so we gave up and said we would worry about it later...

I am now coming back to the building to do the survey for a design... I need to access the compartment to see the fuse type and size...

s-l1600.png

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
You have to insert a thin blade in on an angle and then try using a prying action to move the internal interlock tab against the spring. While doing so you can jiggle the handle and pull. You'll also need to depress the door lock on the upper left.

Tainted

Occupation
Engineer (PE)
You have to insert a thin blade in on an angle and then try using a prying action to move the internal interlock tab against the spring. While doing so you can jiggle the handle and pull. You'll also need to depress the door lock on the upper left.
I'll try again on Tuesday I think my screw driver was too thick that it may not have went all the way through