I hate these switches

TwoBlocked

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
How do I do it without hopping on 1 foot :-(
Try this:

1. With the right hand, position the operating handle firmly in the upper, ON position (That's the trick I remember).
2. With the left hand, jam a small screwdriver firmly into the "defeat" slot, and leave it there (Another trick I remember).
3. With the left hand, lift the latch at the top left.
4. With the right hand, still on the operating handle, swing the door open.

If that doesn't work, find one that you can can turn OFF, open it and read the operating instruction inside, like the label on the front says. Then practice, practice, practice with the door open and you can see how the darn thing works (The final trick I remember).

Maybe someone has one they can post the operating instruction from. Couldn't find it on the internet.

Tainted

Occupation
Engineer (PE)
Try this:

1. With the right hand, position the operating handle firmly in the upper, ON position (That's the trick I remember).
2. With the left hand, jam a small screwdriver firmly into the "defeat" slot, and leave it there (Another trick I remember).

If that doesn't work, find one that you can can turn OFF, open it and read the operating instruction inside, like the label on the front says. Then practice, practice, practice with the door open and you can see how the darn thing works (The final trick I remember).

Maybe someone has one they can post the operating instruction from. Couldn't find it on the internet.
I'll try it. So the screw driver will stay there without falling off? Turning off anything is not an option. If I do manage to open it, I'm gonna study how it works and keep practicing

Tainted

Occupation
Engineer (PE)
Hope it works, that's how I remember. Ya know, last place I worked had those. Let me give a guy a ring.
I'll post back here on Tuesday night and let you guys know if I succeed. Gonna do a all out survey of the electrical room, need existing oneline and existing floor plan layout

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If that doesn't work, find one that you can can turn OFF, open it and read the operating instruction inside, like the label on the front says.
That reminds me of my clothes dryer. There are instructions printed on the inside of the door.

1. Insert clothes, close door.

Okay. Now what? :unsure:

TwoBlocked

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Hey, found an image of the inside of a door:

After blowing it up, I think it says:

"To void interlock

1. Insert screwdriver blade into slot "A" in cover.
Press down then rotate handle beyond "ON" position.
The cover can now be opened by releasing cover latch.

2. To reclose cover with switch in "ON" position, be sure handle is in voidable position
(????? 1.) then close the cover and return handle to the "ON" position."

That sounds right, my buddy thinks so, too.

TwoBlocked

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Try this:

Sorry, Folks. The above is incorrect. Please see previous post.

Tainted

Occupation
Engineer (PE)
Hey, found an image of the inside of a door:

After blowing it up, I think it says:

"To void interlock

1. Insert screwdriver blade into slot "A" in cover.
Press down then rotate handle beyond "ON" position.
The cover can now be opened by releasing cover latch.

2. To reclose cover with switch in "ON" position, be sure handle is in voidable position
(????? 1.) then close the cover and return handle to the "ON" position."

That sounds right, my buddy thinks so, too.
Wow thanks! I think my mistake probably was that I didn't press down then rotate the handle beyond the ON position.

But I just noticed this might be for the double 60A switches. The larger switches might have a different procedure?. Notice it doesn't have a latch like the larger switch