Icc texas master electrician license

Status
Not open for further replies.

westernexplorer

I took the Texas ICC Master Electrician exam, in Oct. 2008. It had lots of motor calculations and commercial service calculations, also several questions that are asked from a set of plans that are provided at the exam site. If memory serves me, it seemed about 1/3 of the test questions are calculations and the rest is NEC Code questions. Work on motor branch circuit protection, motor overload protection and motor feeders and you should do fine......

dduffee260

Don't forget to study up on 3 phase transformer stuff and grounding. When they ask you a question it makes you think a little bit to figure out what they are asking. It is not like a Block where everything was more clear.

Just for the record, yes I have taken the ICC, along with the SBCCI and Block & Associates. All masters test at that. Before Texas went state wide I held about 20 licenses and have taken about 14 tests overall.

The worst tests to takeback then were the small town self written tests where the writers were on the board and most did not have a clue on what the code was about. Here is an example question that was actually on a test. -----Q: What is the rating of rubber covered wire?----Try and answer that question for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.