ICC vs. Prometric+

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfaze480

Hey everybody. glad i could join all you fine people involved with my trade. Thanks for all you bring the learning masses.

I will be taking the journeyman electrical exam in KS and i am looking for your thoughts then i will maybe share my own.

Have you taken the ICC exam or the prometric ? and what were your thoughts on either ?
Does one have more obscure questions than the other ?
Should i take the icc based on the fact that i would have a whole hr longer to complete the same exam ?
Sorry if it sounds like babble but i'm almost in a panic since i have missed it by like 2 points 2 times.
Thanks in abvance for any input/opinion :)

mattc

Hey everybody. glad i could join all you fine people involved with my trade. Thanks for all you bring the learning masses.

I will be taking the journeyman electrical exam in KS and i am looking for your thoughts then i will maybe share my own.

Have you taken the ICC exam or the prometric ? and what were your thoughts on either ?
Does one have more obscure questions than the other ?
Should i take the icc based on the fact that i would have a whole hr longer to complete the same exam ?
Sorry if it sounds like babble but i'm almost in a panic since i have missed it by like 2 points 2 times.
Thanks in abvance for any input/opinion :)

I was told to take the ICC and not the prometric because the ICC had less trick questions.
I will be taking the ICC test in a few weeks.

good luck

yfaze480

ICC it is. Thanks for your input. I too will take the icc exam because i hear the same thing. and good luck to you also. post back and let us know how you did and i'll do the same

dana1028

ditto - the ICC does not have trick questions...even though you may have to be careful reading the question to ensure you're headed in the right direction.

The ICC is more about knowing the code book, not so much the code. What I mean - there are often obscure questions from all over the code...radio towers, elevators, induction heating equipment, fuel cell systems, COPS - questions about situations you wouldn't normally be familiar with - they want to make sure you know your way around the code book.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
ICC.

I took Prometric. Because it was easier to find testing facilities here in Ohio.

I could not get the ICC to accept them for ICC certifications. Even that both are OK for the State of Ohio certifications.

I would join the ICC if they accepted the Prometric testing. Not going to spend the money and take the tests a second time.

yfaze480

Thank you all very much for your input. It is greatly appreciated . Pretty much the same as i have heard from people locally .
jxofaltrds i hope you had better luck with prometric than i did. tested through them for my residential cert way back when and had 2 take it a few times cause they are IMO there to trick you as a means to improve their bottom line but like i said that is just my opinion. well and that i succeeded in having 1 maybe 2 questions removed from the exam as they were deemed unclear. i say maybe 2 cause their response to my second challenge was about as clear as these 2 questions.

I'll get off my soapbox now. thanks again for your input. all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.