Ice Cube Relay ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
After speaking with an engineer with the manufacture he was able to shed some light on the subject and explain a few things. He directed me to these attached specs.

The .8A @ 250VAC inductive rating is based on 200,000 minimum life operations as listed/tested. Attached is an inductive (and resistive) cure of amperage relation to the life operations.

The curve shows the .8A @ 250VAC to equal (200 X 10 to the third power) or 200 X 1,000 = 200,000.
At my 1.7A inductive current it shows 100 X 1,000 = 100,000. So basically at 1.7A ill limit the listed life operations to half which explains my little to no arc. My expected 6 operations max a day will make the relay last a very long time for me.

There is also a max switching current that is also variable depending on the voltage when dealing with inductive load as 120VAC it is increased to 3A VS the 2A at 250VAC
Better wire a counter to it to make sure you get expected number of operations before any failure.:lol:

rt66electric

Double up on the contacts??

Double up on the contacts??

If it is a simple ice cube relay with 3 sets of contacts, then triple up on the contacts by jumpering the contacts...

new guy... oh durn the relay contact are burned . it will take a week to get a new one..

old guy .. change the wires on the contact base to the other set of contacts ... keep the line running.

new guy..... UGH????:slaphead:

kwired

Electron manager
If it is a simple ice cube relay with 3 sets of contacts, then triple up on the contacts by jumpering the contacts...

new guy... oh durn the relay contact are burned . it will take a week to get a new one..

old guy .. change the wires on the contact base to the other set of contacts ... keep the line running.

When I am building it, if I use a 3 or 4 pole relay, it is because I needed all three or four poles.

I do use two pole relays quite often though where only one pole is utilized, but that is usually because a single pole isn't really that significantly lower in cost, plus it gets frustrating when on a service call and you need a two pole and all you have is single pole with you for whatever reason.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician

Helped an old widow with some burnt up contacts on a pressure switch get her well running one night in a similar way.

Status
Not open for further replies.