Idea to generate work

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinZip

Ive been reading a lot of post about guys out of work or business real slow here is an idea that might work for you and pool season is soon.

Contact a few pool cleaning guys or pool companies an offer to do there electrical repairs an add on or even bid new pool / spa jobs you will be surprised what it will bring to you.

Replace or repair

Pool pumps motors - Lighting - Time clocks are huge - Aqua logic control centers for salt systems, also other brands - Bonding repairs - Relocating equipment

The list is endless really and always let the home owner know if they need any additional service to feel free to call anytime.

Additional could be Deck / Landscape lighting / Piers , and you will always be asked if you do other types of electrical work, Inside remodel-repairs ETC.

Just trying to help do to bad times!

chris1971

Send thank you cards to customers that you just completed work with. I also throw in three business cards in with the thank yous.

Den

I've been working with a plumbing/ hvac contractor and have been helping him when work slows down and he brings me electrical work when he can. We are both doing ok and together we can cover a lot of types of work for carpenters and homeowners. Sometimes a realetor needs help getting houses ready to sell or rent for another place to connect with. Work is slow here.

WinZip

I do searches on the net for certain types of contractors an shoot them an email on what we could do for them if needed , If they don't respond to an email chances are stopping at there office wont be any good either, this seems to work often.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
i've picked up a lot of extra work doing pools for contractors; its a matter of getting your foot in the door with them though.

around here, its a difficult market to compete in because A) there are several pool contractors competing with each other and they're looking for the lowest price, and B) 90% of the electricians doing these jobs aren't doing them to code and you can't have a competitive price when you do it right. the problem is that pool inspections here are only to check the bonding before concrete is poured.

i've got a half dozen pool contractors and I started working for all them at cost, and that was at the same price everyone else was doing them for; once i got a few pools done for each contractor, i steadily raised my rates to normal profitability. the only profit i was making at first was on the feeder; it gets billed separate from the standard pool install, however the homeowner had the choice of shopping that price. i usually get 70% of the feeder work except on new homes, I almost always get 0%.

Status
Not open for further replies.