illegal policy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

realolman

Regularly scheduled day before and after holiday for me. Not a problem scheduling days off along with them, though.

Vacation pay is based on average hours worked...work 48 hours a week average... get 48 hours week vacation pay..

Last guy I worked for asked me why I came to work 4 days a week,,, because I couldn't make it on three.:smile: duh.

bikeindy

realolman said:
Regularly scheduled day before and after holiday for me. Not a problem scheduling days off along with them, though.

Vacation pay is based on average hours worked...work 48 hours a week average... get 48 hours week vacation pay..

Last guy I worked for asked me why I came to work 4 days a week,,, because I couldn't make it on three.:smile: duh.

show up four days in a week for me and thats your last week. unless of a holiday or vacation.

bikeindy said:
show up four days in a week for me and thats your last week. unless of a holiday or vacation.

I don't know about that. I have been tossing around the idea of a 4 day work week due to gas prices. A lot of the GC's, and other trades are already doing it. Their employees like it, save gas, and a 3 day weekend?

I honestly believe this whole country should switch to that. That way any overtime could be done on friday, the men get 48hrs, and still get 2 days off.

Gerry

bikeindy

gra electric said:
I don't know about that. I have been tossing around the idea of a 4 day work week due to gas prices. A lot of the GC's, and other trades are already doing it. Their employees like it, save gas, and a 3 day weekend?

I honestly believe this whole country should switch to that. That way any overtime could be done on friday, the men get 48hrs, and still get 2 days off.

Gerry

Well last week we did 4 10's and a 14. I put in 4 on Sat on top of that to get some small jobs out of the way and make this week a bit easier.

bikeindy said:
Well last week we did 4 10's and a 14. I put in 4 on Sat on top of that to get some small jobs out of the way and make this week a bit easier.

Nothing wrong with that. Sounds like your business is really busy, and that is great!!! I am speaking in general, with a company that may not have to work that many hours. I think it would be cheaper for everyone involved to work 4 days, rather than 5. Right now, we are so busy, 14hrs a day isn't enough. But if it tails off to staight 40's, than i think a 4 day week will be beneficial.

Gerry

mdshunk said:
They don't have to pay you for the holiday at all if they don't want to. You have no "right" to any sort of holiday pay. If they only gave you 8, take it and like it. If you have a labor contract, read your contract.
That doesn't mean you can't politely ask about it, tho. If it's a recent change over to 4 10 hour days, they may not have caught that in vacation time.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.