Importance of NEC 250.64 (E)

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
It's akin to overheating from single conductors in metallic conduits and separate knock-outs.

Except that it's much more high-frequency current.

Aaro

Occupation
Electrician
The science behind this dates back perhaps 100 years. It’s discussed in the IEEE green book. There is likely an IEEE research paper you can obtain.
I have asked for my library to bring in a copy of the IEEE green book.

I went to the IEEE web site and tried to look for any research papers on the topic. I used the search and entered some key words and came up with nothing. Is that where one would find research papers? Thank you for your input.

Aaro

Occupation
Electrician
If you really think bonding at both ends of a GEC raceway will cause a lightning strike to pass to ground and cause less damage, I have a really nice bridge in Brooklyn I will sell you.
I might be interested, if the price is right. The bridge should be well grounded. :)

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
I have asked for my library to bring in a copy of the IEEE green book.

I went to the IEEE web site and tried to look for any research papers on the topic. I used the search and entered some key words and came up with nothing. Is that where one would find research papers? Thank you for your input.
Another resource, for NEC grounding, is Soares Book on Grounding by J. Philip Simmons published by the International Association of Electric Inspectors. It was originally published in 1966, although I have the 7th edition from 1999.