In house training

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
We have a ton of in house training.

We have a dedicated class room, where we have an instructor provide state certified apprentice training.

In the same room we also provide all types of safety training, fall protection, electrical safety, bio-hazard, CPR, confined space, OSHA 10, OSHA 30, etc.

One word of caution, if you require the training you will have to pay them to be there. If you make it voluntary you do not have to pay them.

All of this is entirely 'portable' and documented.

OSHA requires this training and requires it be documented.

I was job superintendent for one of the largest electrical contractors in Chicago. We regularly had foreman-supervisor meetings. We focused on scheduling, planning our days (whether 1 man or 100) setting goals, clean-up--and on & on. OSHA and such were always separate from this. Being certified to me is meaningless if you can't even do your job in a professional manner. Certified by who?? That's what I always ask. Keeping your truck, your paperwork, your gang boxes, and your work area neat & organised has to be taught and is the foundation of any successful, profitable job. Planning your task/job is next and the vast majority of us don't do this. I always used pocket size index cards to plan my day and/or week. I used this method when I managed large projects to assign tasks to my foreman and their crews. I would use main points on the cards so the men would always have a task and know what order they should be doing them in. This works just as well with a one man shop or anything in between. Sadly, the union hated those cards--go figure!! I never budged--most of the crew loved them. I always use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.