Incoming and outgoing conductors in the same conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugrat

Occupation
Electrical engineer
Am I allowed to run incoming and outgoing conductors in the same conduit? Because a restroom is built with a 2 inch stub, so I am feeding power to the panel and the panel is feeding a booster pump and lift pump. Am I allowed to run all the conductors in the same conduit? Of course only if they meet the fill requirements.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Am I allowed to run incoming and outgoing conductors in the same conduit? Because a restroom is built with a 2 inch stub, so I am feeding power to the panel and the panel is feeding a booster pump and lift pump. Am I allowed to run all the conductors in the same conduit? Of course only if they meet the fill requirements.
Since you'll have more than 3 CCC's you'll have to derate the ampacity of the conductors otherwise you're good to go.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Hmmm, if you were not allowed to put incoming and outgoing conductors in the same conduit switch loops would be a real problem.

kwired

Electron manager
As mentioned can't be service plus non service conductors mixed in there. Also as mentioned ampacity adjustments will be required based on number of current carrying conductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.