Industrial control panel understanding article 409

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctaylo360860

Occupation
ME
I currently have a large stacker that has 5 motors, and no controls…. I planned on getting a control panel built, the lead time is 6-8 weeks I got drawings back and they were not correct so still waiting to get corrected drawings before build can start.
30hp 480v3ph
2-2hp 480v3ph
1-2hp 240v 1ph
1-1/2hp actuator…
My new plan is to install a 200a 3ph term box on my stacker and use tap rules to feed 3 pump panels for the 480v 3ph motors…. I need a way to control the single phase motors and am wondering if there is something I can buy or anyway to I can build a control panel that’s not industrial. I’m not sure of a way to build it because all the ways I’m familiar would take 2 components in an assembly…. Could the components be in separate enclosure and that not be considered an assembly? The 2hp motor is a hydronic motor that has 2 soliniids. The controls need to open up one of the solenoid the same time as the motor to go up or down… The 1/2 up is an actuator, and I should be able to get away with out ol protection, but also need to figure out a way to send power on 2seperate wires to go up and down… I have single phase power at the site as well as 3 phase, but I’m drawing blanks when it comes to controlling these motors…. Please any and all help is appreciated! I was supposed to have till the 25th, but looks like we took our first load of corn on the 13th….

Last edited:

ctaylo360860

Occupation
ME
That’s what I’m planning on doing for the single phase motors but the inspector came out yesterday to release the meter and he s going to want to look at stacker…. For final… soloniod contactor would be a reversing contractor thAts interlocked to the 2hp hydraulic motor… or could I just send one leg to the solenoids hot and have my momentary 3 position Spector switch control the other leg of the soliniods and also the coil contractor for the 2 hp motor….

Status
Not open for further replies.