Industrial Service tools you carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khixxx

I was wondering what tools everyone uses for their Industrial trouble shooting. 480v and less. What do you carry on your van or do you have a truck. Maybe a station wagon? no?

Would you pile the van full with material just in-case or just keep basics because most likely you would be going to the supply house.

My old company use to pack the Van full of junk just in-case. either way we would end up at the supply house.

brian john

My truck

IMGP0263.jpg

My basic tools

IMGP0256-2.jpg

IMGP0257.jpg

My prefered method of transporation.

This is my son

KevinpaddlingPHOTOBUCKET2.jpg

Mule

brian john said:
My truck

IMGP0263.jpg

My basic tools

IMGP0256-2.jpg

IMGP0257.jpg

My prefered method of transporation.

This is my son

KevinpaddlingPHOTOBUCKET2.jpg

YEP looks like a NETA person for sure :smile: And you didnt show up in a Station Wagon !

Mule

khixxx said:
I was wondering what tools everyone uses for their Industrial trouble shooting. 480v and less. What do you carry on your van or do you have a truck. Maybe a station wagon? no?

Would you pile the van full with material just in-case or just keep basics because most likely you would be going to the supply house.

My old company use to pack the Van full of junk just in-case. either way we would end up at the supply house.

Well I no longer work in Industrial, BUT when I did......I drove a Kawasaki Mule, YEP right through the Class1Div2 plant, even golf carts....and so did everyone else....No "Hot work" permit required :roll:

OK, 1kv& 5kv megger, Oh gosh, cant remember, PD? brand Motor tester (lap top based, just a trendable megger) AC hipot, multi meter AC/DC ammeter, small IR camera...Small IRD vibration meter just peak to peak....well just enought to be dangerous...:smile:

quogueelectric

Tool depends on soup du jour of jobs. Sometimes I have a run on modulars sometimes plasma tv installs. You never know with this buisness the ability to adapt helps tremendously. I have acuired quite an arsenal.

jdsmith

Mule said:
...Small IRD vibration meter just peak to peak....

Haven't seen one of those in a while. IRD merged with Entek some years back and the combined outfit was bought by Rockwell a few years before I co-oped with them in Cincinnati. The stationary monitors are all branded Allen-Bradley now, but they're just repackaged IRD circuits. Not sure if the software has gotten any better in the last few years or not:roll:.

Status
Not open for further replies.