industry direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krim

Rockyd said:

WOW , that is very interesting . The only down side I can see to it would be a possible increased water shortage considering the draught conditions already affecting several areas of the country. But it sure looks to be alot better than the ever increasing demand for fossil fuels and a way to become no longer dependant on Arab's oil & their prices.

Carl :)

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
People mostly get concerned about drought because they perceive it as something happening in their area...

But if your neighborhood looked like this or this... (click the pic/graphic when you get there), you'd call it opportunity.

If you were in San Diego and had a solar powered plant, to run a desalinization plant, to get your water for fuel, you might not be held hostage by big green. Just an idea...

Energy-Miser

mdshunk said:
Maybe, but by that time, the people who have already been installing it for years and years will have that market sewn up in your area. They will have also worked out the most economic installation methods and materials, with which you will have just begun experimenting. Both of these are barriers to entry by the time solar starts to sell itself.

I'm not sold on solar energy myself, but I am smart enough to recognize it as a growing trend. I see CHP micro turbines as having more profitable growth potential (per installation) in the power sector.
I looked into CHP Marc, there are some very exciting movements there, you are right. The barrier I came across was, well besides cost at the moment, they work in conjunction mostly with hydronic floor heating. The concept, if a reader is not familiar with it is, to produce electricity locally (in your basement basically), while using the waste engine heat to heat up your house, hot water, etc. High efficiency overall in use of energy. As electricians, we can install and tie in the generator, etc. but will need joint venturing with HVAC guys for the heating part of it. e/m

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
I saw it on another website. Thought it might be interesting to go check out as a stock for speculation (always looking for a good flyer beteen 5 and 15).

Thought the concept was way cool. How true the whole thing is, I have no idea. This is the net, buyers beware! Looks like I have some research to do.

Edit added -

On an email, here is part of the commentary...

People are selling the system down in LA. I know somebody who may go out today and look at a car running on HHO gas.
If it works I have friends up here who want to sell it themselves.

So evidently it's for real somewhat...

Last edited:

Energy-Miser

Rockyd said:
I saw it on another website. Thought it might be interesting to go check out as a stock for speculation (always looking for a good flyer beteen 5 and 15).

Thought the concept was way cool. How true the whole thing is, I have no idea. This is the net, buyers beware! Looks like I have some research to do.
I know, I saw this one before too. Seems like one of those too good to be true things out there. That is not to say that someone will not eventually unlock enormous sources of energy that can be safely put to the service of humanity. As is well known, universe is filled with energy (even matter is nothing but another form of energy). It's just getting it with little emission, radiation, etc. has been a big challenge so far, but will not necessarily be so in the coming years, decades, etc. My 2 cents. e/m

Status
Not open for further replies.