Inspector Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Re: Inspector Issues

JW, CEO is strange to most of us but here in Indiana, but it would make more sense here since the Indiana Electrical Code defines the AHJ as "The office of the state building commissioner authorized under IC 22-15-2-7; the office of the state fire marshal authorized under IC 22-14-2-10; the local building official authorized under IC 36-7-2-9 and local ordinance; the fire department authorized under IC 36-8-17-9." :D

jwelectric

Charlie
My point exactly, look at the definition of AHJ then be sure to read the fine print note. The AHJ could be the third party that list the equipment, fire marshal, board of commissioners, or as I have read in one post here the power company. I am a certified instructor in NC for Electrical Standard Inspection classes of all three levels. I am certified by the Office of State Fire Marshal Department of Insurance. Check out this paragraph taken straight from their web site:
Functions of OSFM include:
Administering State Building Code; electrical systems certification of code enforcement officials working for inspection in state-owned buildings; administering the state exams required for certification of code enforcement officials working for city, county and state inspection departments; providing staff to the N.C. Building Code Council, the Home Inspector Licensure Board, and the Code Officials Qualification Board
I prefer to sound professional when referring to the ?inspector? so therefore they are Code Enforcement Officials here in North Carolina.

electricmanscott

To each their own of course. Sounds like a bunch of PC talk to me. No if you'll excuse me I have some domestic engineering to tend to. that's right, the kids need me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.