Inspector Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I put the panel in the master bedroom located between a window and the rear corner of the home. I really didn't like doing that but with no basement and no garage I didn't have many options.
Honestly, I intend to submit a proposal forbidding panels from garages or basements in the next cycle. :D

I have come across more panels with shelving built under it, even over the cover itself, in the past two months than I have ever seen. And basements wind up so full of garbage - er, I mean stored items - and the panel seems like the first place people pile their junk.

A master bedroom corner is a beautiful spot for a panel, almost as good as a hallway or behind an open door. :)

480sparky

Hone.............I have come across more panels with shelving built under it, even over the cover itself, in the past two months than I have ever seen. And basements wind up so full of garbage - er, I mean stored items - and the panel seems like the first place people pile their junk..............

Been there. Seen that. Hated it.

DSC_1121a-1.jpg

DSC04592a.jpg

iwire

Staff member
If he is installing a wiring method where the grounded conductor is uninsulated, it is not required to be identified by white tape.

Darn good point, I was assuming a pipe job with insulated conductors if the inspector was asking for identification. I am hoping an inspector would not ask for white tape on a bare grounded conductor but you never know. :smile:

ElectricianJeff

Darn good point, I was assuming a pipe job with insulated conductors if the inspector was asking for identification. I am hoping an inspector would not ask for white tape on a bare grounded conductor but you never know. :smile:

You are correct, pipe and insulated conductors.

I always identify at the weatherhead and panel but never in the meter socket. I can't believe I havn't been called on this before.

electricmanscott

Is "white tape" even specifically required at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.