inspector's interpretation - power to EM lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

raberding

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
how many times have we heard or said this?

"...He is digging in on this so best we just do what he asks and get the store open. Per my electrician it’s the inspectors interpretation..."

This is for a 2500 sf store in CT. Inspector will not approve an inverter for EM lighting. Wants Unit equipment.
I say he's using the IMC (IMaginary Code).

Since it will take only 4 units, it ain't worth fighting.😐

dm9289

Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Occupation
Industrial process repair/ maintenance Electrician
Do you have a print that has gone thru design review

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Since it will take only 4 units, it ain't worth fighting.

While I don’t agree with the inspector, 4 EM fixtures would’ve been less expensive than an inverter by quite a bit.

But since you’ve already got it installed, I’d argue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve16

Occupation
Master electrician
how many times have we heard or said this?

"...He is digging in on this so best we just do what he asks and get the store open. Per my electrician it’s the inspectors interpretation..."

This is for a 2500 sf store in CT. Inspector will not approve an inverter for EM lighting. Wants Unit equipment.
I say he's using the IMC (IMaginary Code).

Since it will take only 4 units, it ain't worth fighting.😐

What town?

moo2380

Occupation
Master Electrician
I would have him cite you on the code article.....not understanding why he would insist on unit equipment with a inverter system.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
I would have him cite you on the code article.....not understanding why he would insist on unit equipment with a inverter system.

Me either.

Who knows maybe it was a rough Easter and doesn't want to put all of the eggs in one basket , if you know what I mean. :)

JAP>

ASG

Occupation
Electrical Engineer, PE
I have no idea of any code that would be an issue. I like in these circumstances to tell the insepctor "can you provide the Code so I have it for reference on future jobs?"

Steve16

Occupation
Master electrician
So what was the reasoning on this? I doubt he would fail you on something without giving a written explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.