Inspectors missing code violations.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
kkwong said:
I think that is true everywhere but there is also a fine line between high standards and being picky :)

I do agree with that. I love it when guys start telling you "I did this and that and the other" and you just look at it and say "why?" Though it does make it easier to inspect.

Thanks to everyone that stood up for the inspectors, even if it was just the other inspectors. :)

Mike03a3

lbwireman said:
Marc,
I too am curious re: "Maryland staples". I've never heard the term before. 'Course that might have to do with the fact that I strictly a "left coast" electrician. I would also welcome a PM of enlightenment re: this term. Thanks
Sean

Me three, please

jimport

Occupation
Master Electrician
mdshunk said:
I say this with some reservation, but I know that many guys will know exactly where I'm coming from. Part of being profitable in certain market areas is knowing what parts of the code will not be enforced, and which parts are only loosely enforced. Naturally, you don't have to work like that, but certain realities prevail in some areas. The flip side of that is knowing what things are enforced in some areas that aren't in the code at all, but you have to do them to keep peace. My boxes of "Maryland staples" for fixing NM cable in MD comes to mind.

I have lived and worked my entire career in Maryland and don't know what these are.

Please tell Marc, the suspense is too much.

kkwong

cowboyjwc said:
I do agree with that. I love it when guys start telling you "I did this and that and the other" and you just look at it and say "why?" Though it does make it easier to inspect.

I like it too, especially when its something stupid and they do it anyways and they admit later that it was stupid.

Thanks to everyone that stood up for the inspectors, even if it was just the other inspectors. :)

Someone has to do it...if we didn't like each other, no one would like us ;) :grin: :grin:

Edit for spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.