inspectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwrestling1

New to the electrical inspector field just looking for some tips on getting in with townships, municipalities and contractors. I work on commission.
Thanks!
Pennsylvania

mwm1752

That is a foreign concept. How does an EC contest the inspectors decision?

Oh, never mind I just rembered the two rules for working with Electrical Inspectors.

Piece work isn't a new concept for independant contractors -- contact the juristiction that hires the inspector or better yet be on site to discuss the issues --- I think pton means welcome to the forum - I just (fill in the blank) inspectors:D -- I'll take a guess "never argue just do" :thumbsup:

jumper

That is a foreign concept. How does an EC contest the inspectors decision?

Oh, never mind I just rembered the two rules for working with Electrical Inspectors.

I cannot speak for the OP or PA state, but in some jurisdictions in MD you are given a choice of using the municipal inspector or a private state certified independent inspector.

The EC must choose which when the permit is pulled. You cannot switch later.

The final decision in disputes with either inspector is with the Chief Building Official who would be the AHJ or its agent.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Rule #1. The Inspector is always right.

Rule #2. If the Inspector is wrong, refer to rule #1.

And, yes, welcome to the Forum. It is a good place to learn.

Hmmm, in my world it goes like this:

Rule #1 The Inspector better be on top of his game or I'm going to call him on it.

Rule #2 If the Inspector is wrong he can own up to his mistake with no ridicule from me.

BTW, I know you were joking. :)

Roger

mwm1752

Hmmm, in my world it goes like this:

Rule #1 The Inspector better be on top of his game or I'm going to call him on it.

Rule #2 If the Inspector is wrong he can own up to his mistake with no ridicule from me.

BTW, I know you were joking. :)

Roger

agree -- but in my world now I insert Contractor for Inspector

Status
Not open for further replies.