Status
Not open for further replies.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
commonly used in mining
http://www.geindustrial.com/products/circuit-breakers/mag-break-motor-circuit-protector

some of the issue may be ge was bought by abb
they stopped mfg new stuff and began liquidating inventory for close to a year to make the books look better and in anticipation of the sale
they will use rebranded abb stuff
eg, mif relays will no longer be available
they recently requested all their equip approvals be transferred to another entity, not abb
Your link goes to the CURRENT product, the Spectra series. That is NOT obsolete.

But yes, the entire situation with GE and ABB is likely to get really confusing soon. So far though, none of the GE distributors I work with have seen any difference, it's business as usual.

JFletcher

edit to last: Wire is a #3/0 about 15ft away from the starter to the pump.

The enclosure which is fed from a (don't judge) up stream splice box , and another upstream splice box (tapped twice) and finally a 600A 480V breaker off another switch rack which is eventually fed from a 2,000KVA 13.2/480V XFMR. I would say from the source to the breaker about 400'.
size 5 starter

Your 2/0 wire size is fine for 480V, 173A @ 400'. Provided that 2/0 is all the way to the source, and the source voltage is correct/within nominal.

As for the breaker, I would PM zog who's already replied on this thread for a new/remfg/NOS breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.