interference with medical equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

fayc

good morning,
cardiac ultrasound machine, portable machine that gets brought upto the patients rooms throughout the hospital, to perform a tests. more now then before alot of interference across the colored screen,which really throws the whole test off.
the vendor has tryed these so called filters around the power cords that has had no effect.
the vendor just wants to say it's not my machine it's your electrical system,but we have alot of new electronic equipment throughout the hospital specially in the operating rooms with no so called interference problems, at all.if anyone could point in any direction i would be grateful. thankyou.

fayc

Re: interference with medical equipment

they have done that. some areas are worse then others inregards to interference and some areas they don't see any interference at all.
thankyou.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer

The first thing I would suspect is a bad ultrasound machine. Just because it doesn't always do it in every location doesn't mean it doesn't have a bad filter.

The second thing I would suspect if fluorescent lights. Try turning off the lights in the room (although I thought they usually darkened the room anyway so they can see the monitor easier).

Third suspect would be any dimmer switches. Turn those off also.

Steve

fayc

thankyou, i will try the flourscent lights and dimmers. a dr. did mention that he seen problems with the "gain" on these machines before.
again thankyou!

LawnGuyLandSparky

Is expensive, electronic hospital equipment where you're working fitted with radio locator transponders? Could be inteference localized by those receivers. When the machine is close to a reciever, it's transponder is going wack-o and inteferring with the "gain."

Status
Not open for further replies.