Internet advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Do you do your own brain surgery?

Seriously, like many things you can do this yourself. You won't be as fast or as good as someone who actually knows what they are doing and does it for a living but you can learn. The learning takes time and you will never be very good at it since you won't be doing it all that much. It probably is not cost effective if you can use whatever time you would spend on this activity actually making money.

kwired

Electron manager
Advertising is dependent on who the customer is that you are targeting and where you expect to catch their attention for what you are marketing.

If you are in the service business, you may get some customers through internet, and as time goes by there seems to be more but how many people from half way around the world are you going to take on for service? If you are doing service work for a local area advertise on local outlets, which could be websites for local organizations.

Put yourself in your clients position. You have no power, or at least something that does not work and need to call someone for service - where are you going to go to try to find someone to help you? You either alread know who you are going to call or you likely go to yellow pages, maybe an internet site that will have information about people in your area that can help.

Maybe you should just try to find someone yourself as if you were the customer and see how easy or hard it is to find your competitors and use that information to figure out where you want to be found.

mkgrady

I assume most people that use the internet to find an electrician open their browser and enter the word electrician and maybe the town or city they are in. That usually brings up a map showing the most popular electricians in that area. Under the map there will be a list of the same companies shown on the map, plus, above this list will be 2-3 companies that have paid to have a more prominent listing. Try typing Electrician Marshfield MA into your browser and see if you can find me. I am almost always at the top of the unpaid for list. It is where I want to be and I have no Idea why I am in that position.

kwired

Electron manager
I assume most people that use the internet to find an electrician open their browser and enter the word electrician and maybe the town or city they are in. That usually brings up a map showing the most popular electricians in that area. Under the map there will be a list of the same companies shown on the map, plus, above this list will be 2-3 companies that have paid to have a more prominent listing. Try typing Electrician Marshfield MA into your browser and see if you can find me. I am almost always at the top of the unpaid for list. It is where I want to be and I have no Idea why I am in that position.

I did just that for where I live, came up with my business, my previous employer, and one other.

My business and my previous employer have both moved at least 8 years ago from the addresses listed. Phone numbers are still correct though.

Status
Not open for further replies.