Is it just the software here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

:rolleyes: I've come to realize that I'm missing something. I'm missing all the new postings. I came in this morning to read the a few, latest posting and had a full page, hit "New Posts" and now down to three new posts.
This is alway happening. Hitting new posts might well be my problem? !

Am I to use the Internet Explore Back arrow to retain this first page of
full new posting, or is it the nature of this shell program. I looked back
over the "Quick Links" and used "Todays Posts" and theres the full page
but there toned down like I did read them, and I only read ~ six this AM.

I'm logged in, and remember me, over time say an hour, If I do hit
missed posts.

I get a script error everytime I try to open mail, er personal messages
from here. I have to copy this letter once and be ready to re-paste,
cause I'm logged in now but as soon as I, "Submit New Thread", I have to log in again and repaste again.

I'm using windows internet Medium-high security( I think Norton set that), IE 7 as default browser / Windows XP (all updated), and everything else
is default settings.

I've come to beleive alot of people enjoy this service, I realize that it might well be software related, its just bothers me to no end.
Have Nice Day...

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
cadpoint said:
:rolleyes:

its just bothers me to no end.
Have Nice Day...

I see you posted this on the Safety Forum. Is something very "Unsafe" going to happen to your computer? Foot through your monitor?
I view "Todays Posts" before I log on. Then I do notice on slow days after I log on only a few "New Posts" appear. And I do get logged off after inactivity. It is annoying but I'm married so I'm used to annoying activities.:smile:

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I use "Today's Posts" too, but I check in daily.

Here's the link:
http://forums.mikeholt.com/search.php?do=getdaily

What's happening is, when you don't load a page for 15 minutes, the clock resets for your next session. So if you read a long page for 16 minutes, and then go to the next page, it (either the website or your computer) thinks you're returning on your next visit, and only posts from the last 15 minutes are "new posts".

An easy way around this is to have another screen open to "Who's Online". It reloads every minute, so the session doesn't end.

Here's the link for Who's Online:
http://forums.mikeholt.com/online.php

As far as it logging you out, that would be that your browser is not taking Holt's cookie, to keep you logged in. Try changing your browser settings to allow cookies from this website.

cadpoint

Dear Mr. Space Photo:
Let me first, "Thank You", for your response to my post.
The monitors are safe cause there farther than arms length away...
The "built in China" magnifiers work just fine and I sit in a Drafting chair, at an elevated table, so it doesn't lend itself to punts, kick or other forms of
Foot balling...

I know I've made many a friends here, bad math, and bad posts, lends itself well to making friends everywhere I go... Just like the Post, just like
other E-mails, Faxes, Presentations, Pitches, Etc. I felt I dropped into that Web Black hole just like many other do, Daily.

I know I read the tough posts, I read all the Posts, as I assume others do.
Thus my pitch this AM, I was frankly shocked to see a statement that the host did not par-take in the decisions, and only posted through others,
Rightfully so but I can only assume that he reads it daily as I.

I trace the code statements, I have learned from others, things that I will never touch, and thrive on it...

It is always interesting to see the elevation and the level of presentation of complex information and the humor and candor that comes from such.

I know I'm a big old box of rocks, but again thanks for your response.
:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.