Is it slowing down for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Still got alot of work comming up as far as finishing already started jobs. But the Phone stoped ringing off the hock about 2 weeks ago. Don't know if I pissed some people off ( probably) or if peoples wallets are getting tighter.
I know most of you are slammed, so its probably just me, could just be a slow couple of weeks for the phone.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
I think inflation especially gas prices are starting to make some changes. Been getting a lot less inquiries for total new or renovations and a lot more service or repair only inquiries. Not sure if this is going to become a long term trend or some seasonal fluctuation.
Have seen reported a big slide in home sales closings and backing out of previous offers, in the last month.

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
Although I have enough work lined up for the rest of this year going into next, there has been some jockeying of prospective upcoming jobs where they have put things on a delay I think until the market cools off.
Did have a drywaller tell me a month ago about the same story as you. Said his phone all of a sudden stopped ringing.
Quite frankly, i think if we can get the consumer to back off a bit I would hope that the manufacturers and supply would keep course to catch up and get things back in line.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have been slow for years. I wake up and my body wont move....

Seriously, the guy who has my old company says he is going nuts with the amount of work that he has... It has been like that since before I retired

kwired

Electron manager
Haven't had that many calls for a few weeks, then got sort of bombarded in just a couple days recently with calls for new or potential new work.

retirede

Building permits, housing starts, and mortgage applications are all trending down. If your primary business is new construction, it will start to slow if this continues. It should be noticeable in the next few months.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Building permits, housing starts, and mortgage applications are all trending down. If your primary business is new construction, it will start to slow if this continues. It should be noticeable in the next few months.
Ya we live in a town that is basically a giant retirement area. SO no infrastructure just New construction and remodels.
Trying to get out of Residential but Cann't think of a nitch to try and start in this small town.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I sub from 4 remodeling companies and 1 new home builder.

I think everything I'm working on right now is on borrowed money. As soon as these next 2 to 3 month go by, I'll see a big slowdown

blueheels2

Occupation
Electrical contractor
I have been slow for years. I wake up and my body wont move....

Seriously, the guy who has my old company says he is going nuts with the amount of work that he has... It has been like that since before I retired
I’m in the same area and I haven’t slowed down at all. Haven’t had a day off in 3 weeks. Vacation next week and then right back to it.

sparky1118

Occupation
Master Electrician
We can't keep up. The amount of work is ridiculous and the fact that it's close to impossible to find help makes it worse.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.