Is there any way to clarify interconnection for PV system into existing gear?

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Where have they ever said that?
Polaris told me over the phone, but that was years ago. Can you point me to something that says that the "dual side entry" blocks or some other configuration can accommodate two conductors in a single port? I've looked but I haven't found anything that says that. I thought from looking at them that the dual side entry blocks with two screws per port could do that but I was told that they can't.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
Polaris told me over the phone, but that was years ago. Can you point me to something that says that the "dual side entry" blocks or some other configuration can accommodate two conductors in a single port? I've looked but I haven't found anything that says that. I thought from looking at them that the dual side entry blocks with two screws per port could do that but I was told that they can't.
We're not talking about two conductors in a single port. We're talking about passing a single conductor through an oversize connector, without cutting it, and stripping the insulation only where it lands inside the connector. So it's still one conductor per port. But you could say one of them 'enters from both sides'. So it depends on exact verbiage if there's something the don't allow.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
We're not talking about two conductors in a single port. We're talking about passing a single conductor through an oversize connector, without cutting it, and stripping the insulation only where it lands inside the connector. So it's still one conductor per port. But you could say one of them 'enters from both sides'. So it depends on exact verbiage if there's something the don't allow.
Sorry, I thought that you meant going in one side with one conductor and going in the other side with another. Polaris told me that you can't do that even with their blocks with two screws per port. I have done what you are speaking of.

Last edited: