Is this accessible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I agree that it's code compliant. A suggestion of removing the plant is all that I would report.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
You possibly could apply 225.40 or 230.92, meaning, see if it complies to these articles.

Edit: probably only 230.92 since this is a service and not a feeder.

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
Remove the door and it is easier to access. If you ever work on meter pedestals or similar equipment, being low to the ground is common, but access doors do come off.

Just because there is a plant in the way does not mean it cant be moved or cut. What if there was naturally growing grass, weeds, etc. that have not been trimmed? It is not like it is a 50 ft tall oak tree directly in front of that.

donf

Clarification question

Clarification question

Greetings,

I will not argue whether or not this is NEC code compliant.

But I am curious, and ask for my own edification, doesn't POCO have a height standard.

I believe it is 5' to 5 1/2' from grade. At least that is what it is here in Virginia Beach, VA.

Does it vary by POCO or by State code overrides?

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Greetings,

But I am curious, and ask for my own edification, doesn't POCO have a height standard.

I believe it is 5' to 5 1/2' from grade. At least that is what it is here in Virginia Beach, VA.

Height is for the meter, not the Service entrance panel.

rich000

Panel is code compliant. Meter would not meet POCOs requirement (in my area). That looks like a familier situation to what I have worked on before. Had to look twice to make sure it wasn't the same panel I worked on before. Probably just backfilled over the years.

220/221

Greetings,

Here, meters are 48" to 75".

Pictured panel is compliant but dumb.

dana1028

Panel is code compliant. Meter would not meet POCOs requirement (in my area). That looks like a familier situation to what I have worked on before. Had to look twice to make sure it wasn't the same panel I worked on before. Probably just backfilled over the years.

In our area POCOs are going to electronic meters so are less and less concerned about meter location [height, accessibility, etc.].

Status
Not open for further replies.