is this for real???

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper chopper

We got nailed by an inspector yesterday on our final inspection, he claims that the simplex monitor module for the elevator re-call is installed wrong, because it is designed to have there slc loop and 110volt wiring in the same enclosure ( 4 inch square) that its wrong. He wants a seperator installed to fix this... doesnt 725.136 d1 allow this? I have been installing those modules from simplex, johnson controls, notifier, and siemens for years there all the same design and this is the first time i have heard about this... who is right if he is what article says so then why do the manufacturers make them like this..

WIMaster

First I have to ask is it a listed assembly and did you install it per the Mfrs. instructions?

Next I have to ask if this is in West Allis as we got a similar run around from the inspector there a few years back. "I know it is a listed assembly but...".

jewellfish

Elev. recall

Elev. recall

Another question. Are you sure the elevator controller circuit is 120vac? Most controllers being installed today, that I have encountered, use low voltage on the recall inputs. However, if it is 120, then I know the Seimen''s relay module comes with a divider that fits in the the 4" box to separate the low voltage "side" from the high voltage "side".

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Another question. Are you sure the elevator controller circuit is 120vac? Most controllers being installed today, that I have encountered, use low voltage on the recall inputs. However, if it is 120, then I know the Seimen''s relay module comes with a divider that fits in the the 4" box to separate the low voltage "side" from the high voltage "side".

Bingo! Give that man a cee-gar!

Status
Not open for further replies.