Is this legal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobhook149

Is this legal? There is a soffit in this LVL where the female plug sits, its for rope lighting. :-?
100_1674.jpg

100_1663.jpg
100_1664.jpg

TOOL_5150

Also, I do not believe that 5-15C is made to be terminated onto romex. So that would be a listing violation - proper use of material.

~Matt

norcal

Anyone have the instructions for P&S cord connectors? Hubbell says not to tin conductors so IMO theirs would be only used w/ stranded wire, would suspect that P&S would be no different.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Since it's a cord cap on NM cable I would go with 110.3. If it were a receptacle it would violate 406.3(F).

TobyD

I've made the same connection for rope lighting.I don't see a problem with it .Although some may disagree and cite a code infraction.But, the cosmetic part with a box and recetacle is most times unacceptable to the owner.I refused one time to install the cord end in such a manner.Later I discover that the GC had drilled a hole in the lvl and ran the cord inside the attic and plugged the rope light in.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I would inform that GC that if he did that with my wiring I would make it a point to show it to the inspector and explain that I did not do it.

You know, we spend enough time learning our trade, I get a little irate when a stupid framer decides he knows better than I do about my job. I've been down that road, never again. People are paying me full price, there's no excuse for them getting DIY quality wiring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.