Isolation tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.

templdl

No, hence my concern. You are correct there are 5 taps for each winding. 2 are tapped to one and 1 is tapped to 2 to give these anal retentive European equipment guys on an unrealistic commissioning sched the balanced 470 they require.

My question to you sir is how would different taps cause an issue? This is a very expensive toy we are talking about and tranny failure/lose of production would be very bad. So please enlighten this obviously unqualified installer. :ashamed1:

Since the coils are connected in a delta one coil will be connected at a different voltage and unbalance the delta. Simply draw a triagle to represent the delta making a dot in the centere of two of the sides and a dot about 2/3 of the third which can cause noise as it throws off the entire delta. The current will be unbalance on the third coil because it has been tapped diferently than the other two. You must keep all 3 coils balance with one another.
The instructions will state that all 3 coils must be taped at the same point. The taps aren't there to correct the voltage on one phase.
I'm gald that I picked up on that as that may be part of you issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.