It wasn?t me that said it, but . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
. . . I believe that I am obligated to pass it on.

I?m watching (i.e., my wife is making me watch) a show called ?Flip that House.? This episode is in California. The person who bought the old run down house, and who plans to renovate it and sell it for a quick profit, says that he is an Electrical Inspector in LA. His next statement, and remember that I am only quoting him: ?That?s about as exciting as gas pains.?

OK. Now I have to run back and continue to watch the show.

charlie b said:
I?m watching (i.e., my wife is making me watch) a show called ?Flip that House.? This episode is in California. The person who bought the old run down house, and who plans to renovate it and sell it for a quick profit, says that he is an Electrical Inspector in LA. His next statement, and remember that I am only quoting him: ?That?s about as exciting as gas pains.?

OK. Now I have to run back and continue to watch the show.
I don't get the post?
Are you complaining your wife pulls your strings?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
One commonly accepted "rule" for humor is that everyone is free to poke fun at themselves and at those who share the same profession. I was merely reporting a case of an Inspector poking fun at the profession of inspecting.

He was actually quite a funny guy, and kept up a string of funny comments as the show took us through his rather difficult flip. His final comment, in reply to the question of whether he enjoyed the experience of flipping the house was, "I would rather have gotten a case of. . . ," and then he named a particularly unpleasant disease that can only be contracted through social contact with a person already inflicted.

Sorry, Larry, I did not catch his name.

peteo

Charlie,
Thanks for the posting. It sounds as if this program has different characters each time, so It'll be reruns to seeing him now.

Rollbar

I watch that show & it's funny how people think they just do this or that for 20 buck etc. (you get the picture) & end up costing them a large chunk of their budget. Planning is the key & it has taught me to take a second look @ things.

iwire

Staff member
It wasn't?t me that said it, but I believe that I am obligated to pass it on.....

I was watching a fire alarm technician struggle to get a speaker strobe mounted to a box and he exclaimed.

"Theres only two people that love engineers.....their mother and God!"

Status
Not open for further replies.