ITB Rec Fields - Baseball - MUSCO

Daybreak1!

New User
Occupation
LED Lighting Company
Hey, I have seen lots of chat between EC's about MUSCO lighting systems. Do they usually include a full package like poles, fixtures, controls, and full installation? Any information you can provide would be helpful!

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
The couple of times I dealt with them they provided everything except the installation, this included pole base details and drawings. Great outfit IMO

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I'm in the southeast, and they're providing full installation services here. I haven't seen a MUSCO package actually go out for bid in probably 18/mo as they are a full end-to-end solution now. On the MUSCO projects I had, we ran the infrastructure needed to power them, and installed the controls system, but I always had a sub come in to pour the foundations, set the poles & fixtures, and complete the wiring at the poles.

There's not much to it, you just need the equipment to drill the bases (down here they average 25'-35') and set the poles. The fixtures will be aligned in software, and when they leave the factory, the pole-top rack will have arrows affixed that you use to aim the fixture head. The poles also have an arrow on top, and you point them all at the center of the field.

MUSCO provides extensive drawings & specs. If the project is already out for bid, the drawings are done, and you can get them from the MUSCO rep.