jerk customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawireguy

If you've been with this company for a while and your boss is riding you I'd get upset with him. Who - is he to go off on you because one customer isn't happy when you have 1000's of other content customers. And Iwire, hanging your friend out like that wasn't cool..

Last edited by a moderator:

TOOL_5150

wawireguy said:
If you've been with this company for a while and your boss is riding you I'd get upset with him. Who - is he to go off on you because one customer isn't happy when you have 1000's of other content customers. And Iwire, hanging your friend out like that wasn't cool..

Bob's statement: " still I had to agree with the office that we had to pull my friend off the job "

HE didnt throw his friend off.

~Matt

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I have always been of the firm conviction that at work, the business comes before friendship. Is that cold? Maybe. But it's the way I try to operate myself. If someone wants to work and be my friend, so be it. If they want to be my friend so they don't have to work or get away with other shenanigans, then they won't be my friend. :)

Besides, I'm sure the guy probably needed a break from the GC; sometimes it gets to the point where it would be tempting to throw them off the roof from time to time. I'm sure he'll probably thank Bob in the long run. :D

iwire

Staff member
wawireguy said:
And Iwire, hanging your friend out like that wasn't cool..

If it went down like you seem to have in your mind you would be right.

I did in fact have a direct and long conversation with the GC going to bat for my friend. I told the GC I would not remove him, that he was the right man for the job. The office decided otherwise, this was bad for my friend but also meant I had to go back and work with the GC knowing full well the GC 'won'. If you think that was easy for me you are wrong. But in the big picture we have to get the job done.

TwinCitySparky

wawireguy said:

I agree 1000% - Any boss with any common sense will consider your longterm track record and act accordingly.

It is absolutely impossible to please everyone all of the time.

The best/simplest advice: Do your best and no worries - the rest will take care of itself.

electricalperson said:
what do you mean reconsider my attitude toward them? i get accused of doing something i didnt do and i try to be friendly and nice to them yet they turn into jerks and complain? i dont mind working for homeowners and i respect what they want to do just dont blame me for something i didnt do or claim i was arguing with them when all i did was voice my opinion because i was thinking what the homeowner might think when he seen all the little holes in the wood and a white strip going up the middle of the wall and across the celing.

You're asking for comments, but what you really want is people to agree with you. We have not heard the 'other side', so it is unfair to ask for a judgement call on who was right or wrong. People, unprovoked, generally do not go off and make up accusations. People usually hire others to perform a task that they ask them to do. You may think that you weren't argumentative, but you are not him. It sounds like you did not hear the complaint being presented, but heard it second hand from your boss. Things get changed in second hand information, sometimes inadvertently, but sometimes for a reason. The situation can sound worse than it was. If your boss expects a return business or even just concerned about his reputation he will not likely to try to defend you, but will seek to pacify the owner some way, REGARDLESS who was right. That is just smart business sense and you may learn a lesson from it or you can go and pout. Your loss.

electricalperson

weressl said:
You're asking for comments, but what you really want is people to agree with you. We have not heard the 'other side', so it is unfair to ask for a judgement call on who was right or wrong. People, unprovoked, generally do not go off and make up accusations. People usually hire others to perform a task that they ask them to do. You may think that you weren't argumentative, but you are not him. It sounds like you did not hear the complaint being presented, but heard it second hand from your boss. Things get changed in second hand information, sometimes inadvertently, but sometimes for a reason. The situation can sound worse than it was. If your boss expects a return business or even just concerned about his reputation he will not likely to try to defend you, but will seek to pacify the owner some way, REGARDLESS who was right. That is just smart business sense and you may learn a lesson from it or you can go and pout. Your loss.
i understand what you mean. i agree with the boss and im sure he didnt defend me and just said yes to the customer. he said the customer is always right and i understand where my boss is coming from. i just get angry when im acused of something i didnt do. the customer is known to be a jerk anyway some customers are just like that i guess. only thing i can do is do the best work i can and thats it. im sure people will find something wrong with the work i do but oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.