Job estimating/invoicing software/app

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw_ross

I know it’s been talked about on here before.

When I watch some of the YouTube videos from smaller sized EC’s that are mostly based out of UK they are constantly pushing/promoting the Tradify app as a system of creating an estimate, emailing that estimate to customer, customer hits the approval button, job is scheduled, job is completed, estimate is converted into an invoice, etc.

Looking at the App Store it looks like Tradify is mostly geared towards the UK market.
Anyone you something similar here?
Thanks

DrSparks

The Everlasting Know-it-all!
Occupation
Master Electrician and General Contractor
Depends on what features you're looking for
Do you want assembly based estimating, built in cost data, etc? Or do you want simple line item entry? QuickBooks comes to mind for the latter or if you want really simple, try Joist.

For more comprehensive estimating with pre-built Assemblies I would recommend Turbobid.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

DrSparks

The Everlasting Know-it-all!
Occupation
Master Electrician and General Contractor
BTW, Turbobid is a Mike Holt Enterprises product. I used it for a spell but the cost was too much for me in the long run.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I use Invoice2Go. You can do estimates, invoices, emails, receive payments, and a new added feature of building a project such as lists of material, job description, etc. They have different levels of cost depending on your needs. Starts at around $109 per year for the lowest plan.

xptpcrewx

Power System Engineer
Occupation
Licensed Electrical Engineer, Licensed Electrical Contractor, Certified Master Electrician
I know it’s been talked about on here before.

When I watch some of the YouTube videos from smaller sized EC’s that are mostly based out of UK they are constantly pushing/promoting the Tradify app as a system of creating an estimate, emailing that estimate to customer, customer hits the approval button, job is scheduled, job is completed, estimate is converted into an invoice, etc.

Looking at the App Store it looks like Tradify is mostly geared towards the UK market.
Anyone you something similar here?
Thanks
I don't think you will find anything that does everything and exactly the way you want it. QuickBooks Online is pretty good for invoicing/billing, emailing/reminding the customer, and has some nice project management features (as far as tracking expenses and sales goes), but it will not generate quotes/estimates. QuickBooks has a nice app and payment system which will even allow you to collect payment in the field with with a free card reader.

I recommend doing quotes/estimates separately and even manually (with Microsoft Word) because you probably want something more customized and tailored to your business, service offering, etc. Most of it would be boilerplate anyway and slight changes could be made on a job/project basis.

Personally, I don't think its a good idea to have a customer hit an "Approve" button to agree to a job. Get a signed contract or PO in hand pending your final approval and signature to seal the deal.

Amps

Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Electrical, Security, Networks and Everything Else.
Depends on what features you're looking for
Do you want assembly based estimating, built in cost data, etc? Or do you want simple line item entry? QuickBooks comes to mind for the latter or if you want really simple, try Joist.

For more comprehensive estimating with pre-built Assemblies I would recommend Turbobid.

Amps

Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Electrical, Security, Networks and Everything Else.
Being a one man operation, I tried Joist. It is simple to use, and I like that you can see when someone has opened their estimate and signed it for approval. Everything on the app used to be free but they began charging for certain features as an upgrade to their Pro version. Its good for small estimates and invoices.

Status
Not open for further replies.