Job Postings

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
In the Florida Keys if you show up five days in a row, you're the new supervisor.
If you show up five days in a row and you're sober, you are the new boss and you get a raise.
If you show up five days in a row, you're sober and you're on time every day, well... nobody knows. It's never happened.

Post of the Year

jumper

In the Florida Keys if you show up five days in a row, you're the new supervisor.
If you show up five days in a row and you're sober, you are the new boss and you get a raise.
If you show up five days in a row, you're sober and you're on time every day, well... nobody knows. It's never happened.

Post of the Year

:thumbsup:

I wonder if just showing up sober in the morning is good enough or they expect one to stay that way all day.:D
Important distinction IMSO.( In My Silly Opinion)

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
We've been using zip recruiter, and the results have been disappointing.

We're advertising in GA/FL, and get resumes sent to us from Europe and the Middle East; even some from Africa. I got one from Africa that the dude had inserted photos of himself all through the resume in various types of apparel; even some "glamour shot" style pictures. It was really something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris1971

Looking for any kind of help several years ago and one of the references an applicant left was a small GC I had worked with. I left a message on the GCs home phone not expecting a return call until evening. Minutes later the GCs wife called with "Do not hire him under any circumstance."

So, did you hire him?:?

iwire

Staff member
If you are looking for experienced JW's then money is the starting point, but most contractors will not even give a range upfront of what the pay might be. If a JW is working and likes his current gig or is at least ok with it, he is not going to jump through hoops just to find out you can't raise his pay significantly or offer something important to him that he is not getting at his current job.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^​

The guys that are not working are often (not always) the dregs. The ones you don't want to hire.

If you want to attract good help away from their current positions you must show why they should be interested in moving to you.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
^^^^^ This ^^^^^​

The guys that are not working are often (not always) the dregs. The ones you don't want to hire.

If you want to attract good help away from their current positions you must show why they should be interested in moving to you.

So true, but I'm not sure we want the guy that will move for a dime raise.

I had a journeyman apply once because he felt he was not appreciated at his current employers. He was already making more than I was, plus benefits. One of the times I wondered about why I was taking all the abuse.

cadpoint

So, I don't know where to find good help.

I will tell a story though, I interviewed one month ago with a good size firm out of town, to say within region.
It was a kinda funny interview they didn't recall that I had interviewed with them before a few years ago, there where
two in the interview one mostly filmed me as we talked.

We traded stories of the other companies we had all been with, who had passed on...

They asked me what I wanted to be, the job was advertised as Foreman or electrician. I said well if I'm your electrician,
give me a job and leave me alone. If I'm your Foreman, I probably won't be supported by management and will be your
scapegoat, I got history. If I have a helper I'll teach them everything I know so I don't have to worry about them.

In the intro-letter I to told them outright I'd be the best electrician they won't hire! They stated that they had a lot of Resumes to review and if things change we'll call.

A lot of major firms have released a lot of various employee's regionally. Same Ad for same positions was just re released first of this month. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.