Journeymans Hour Verification Form Rejected

dfwsigns

Occupation
Lead Sign Installer
I waited for two months after sending all of my paperwork for my journeymans sign electricians license, and today I got a letter from TDLR saying that the department could not verify my 8000 hours under a master. The letter states that the experience verification form was either incomplete or did not match my employment history portion of my paperwork.
I know the letter sounds pretty self explanatory, but I am sure that I filled everything out correctly, I spent a long time getting the signatures I need from the previous masters I worked under. Has anyone else been denied/postponed for the same reason? I guess I just re submit and hope for the best?
I have been really hopeful to progress my career, it's really disheartening to get this letter, but I want to fix it. Just wondering if anyone else has had to jump through the same hoops. Thanks in advance for anytime spent on a response.

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
Call they may have notes it could also be something simple like needing some proof of the w2s or something. Idk about Texas but some places need periodic updating of where in your training you are with hours. WA needs that when renewing a trainee card.

Occupation
electrical Code instructor and mentor
hey dfwsigns

Yes, it takes about 4-6 weeks or longer to get results back from TDLR.
Are you sure about the experience verification being incomplete? Employers have 30 days according to TDLR law to submit your verification to you.
Does it match exactly? Every thing you put on the application must match exactly with your form of identification, EXACTLY!
Don't stop now! There's got to be a reason why it was denied.

Are all of your master electricians who signed off accurate with their records?

I am in (Talty) Forney Tx. and I have dealt with similar delays. I do private tutoring here at my shop and I hear various reasons why from some of my students, too.
Have you called the help line or sent an email to them? I have helped other students who have made a simple mistake.

Are you a subscriber to TDLR? If so then you can find their phone number listed somewhere or an email address.

I have a phone number of a particular person who you can talk to personally, but I can't give it out publicly.

So, I see you're in Dallas and I am about 25 miles east of you.

I can help you get this resolved over the phone if you can send your phone number to me via the Code forum.

You'll have to email Dennis Alwon he over sees the forum.

I can and will help you, I want you to get your TDLR journeyman's license, do not stop because of this.

Thanks for reading.
Comments accepted.
TX+MASTER#4544

dfwsigns

Occupation
Lead Sign Installer
hey dfwsigns

Yes, it takes about 4-6 weeks or longer to get results back from TDLR.
Are you sure about the experience verification being incomplete? Employers have 30 days according to TDLR law to submit your verification to you.
Does it match exactly? Every thing you put on the application must match exactly with your form of identification, EXACTLY!
Don't stop now! There's got to be a reason why it was denied.

Are all of your master electricians who signed off accurate with their records?

I am in (Talty) Forney Tx. and I have dealt with similar delays. I do private tutoring here at my shop and I hear various reasons why from some of my students, too.
Have you called the help line or sent an email to them? I have helped other students who have made a simple mistake.

Are you a subscriber to TDLR? If so then you can find their phone number listed somewhere or an email address.

I have a phone number of a particular person who you can talk to personally, but I can't give it out publicly.

So, I see you're in Dallas and I am about 25 miles east of you.

I can help you get this resolved over the phone if you can send your phone number to me via the Code forum.

You'll have to email Dennis Alwon he over sees the forum.

I can and will help you, I want you to get your TDLR journeyman's license, do not stop because of this.

Thanks for reading.
Comments accepted.
TX+MASTER#4544

dfwsigns

Occupation
Lead Sign Installer
Wow, awesome and totally unexpected reply! I really appreciate you taking the time to help.
The two reasons listed on the letter TDLR sent basically read that the hours verification form was incomplete or do not match my employment history, and then states that my employment history is incomplete or does not match my hours verification form. I am assuming that I may have had a discrepancy between the two forms, maybe I had a date that didn't match. I am more than willing to make contact with you, I will gladly accept any help I can get! This is a huge goal for me, I want to get it done.
I have just got the letter out of the mail this afternoon after TDLR customer service hours were closed. I will call/email tomorrow to try to find more info on the problem they have with my paperwork.
I did notice on the paper they sent they have my name spelled right first, middle, and last, but they have me as a junior, which I am not and it doesn't say that on my identification, so maybe that's a problem?
I really appreciate the response, you are God's gift to the earth, and I am not giving up on this, it's just a pain dealing with the hoops they want you to jump through.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Wow, awesome and totally unexpected reply! I really appreciate you taking the time to help.
The two reasons listed on the letter TDLR sent basically read that the hours verification form was incomplete or do not match my employment history, and then states that my employment history is incomplete or does not match my hours verification form. I am assuming that I may have had a discrepancy between the two forms, maybe I had a date that didn't match. I am more than willing to make contact with you, I will gladly accept any help I can get! This is a huge goal for me, I want to get it done.
I have just got the letter out of the mail this afternoon after TDLR customer service hours were closed. I will call/email tomorrow to try to find more info on the problem they have with my paperwork.
I did notice on the paper they sent they have my name spelled right first, middle, and last, but they have me as a junior, which I am not and it doesn't say that on my identification, so maybe that's a problem?
I really appreciate the response, you are God's gift to the earth, and I am not giving up on this, it's just a pain dealing with the hoops they want you to jump through.
The Jr. may be the exact issue. That would be an easy mix up to occur.

Occupation
electrical Code instructor and mentor
dfwsigns..........

Thanks for the kind words. No, I'm not God's gift to the earth, rather, we are his gift and servants.

I'm somewhat sure it's your name on the electricians experience verification form and or employees history form where it says 'notice': last name, first name, middle name, suffix (SR or JR,) or I ,or, II or III ....(your generation descent.)

And, also on the electricians experience verification that's the master electrician
or (contractor) his name must be exact as it is on his TDLR documents.

This may be your discrepancy, I believe, between the two forms. Look it over carefully and make any corrections.

This is a very common mistake made quite often by applicants filling out government forms (TDLR). I see it all the time, you really got to watch what you do carefully. What I'm doing now is what I do for my students today but, way before they send in their documents.

So, make the corrections on a clean form(s) and look it over before you email it. Make a copy for yourself.

Now, you can expect it to take another 4-6 weeks or longer. If still nothing back by then from TDLR, you can call or email them.

Last resort, call me and I will give you a phone number to call and talk to a real live human being and get results faster.

NO, you are not giving up on this, now that you got me involved, we are going to get you a journeyman's license!

Just do as I instruct you through this minor set back. I'm not quick to take advantage of you nor am I being a smart-aleck.

My passion is helping you guys and girls get a TDLR electrical license and together we can do it!
I'm in my 27th year of teaching electrical Code classes and I've taught about 100 +- students.

Now, again, when you fill out your exam application and before you send it to PSI (testing administrator) carefully, make sure the application exactly matches the documents that you have resent to TDLR. PSI have a very worldly-wise security system.

Failure to do so will cause another 4-6 weeks or longer and a repeat of what you're doing now. Now it becomes a pain.

If we need to further talk we will use the closed circuit avenue of the Code Forum.

Finally, if you're not studying now, then you need to start right now as this will give you an additional two months +to better prepare your self for the exam. You need a text book, too. If you wish I can get you started on the right path to achieving your goal ....a TDLR license journeyman.

A word from Mike Holt's mantra, "Help somebody who you have no reason to help...help them because you want to help them...."

Thanks for reading.
Comments accepted.
TX+MASTER #4544

dfwsigns

Occupation
Lead Sign Installer
dfwsigns..........

Thanks for the kind words. No, I'm not God's gift to the earth, rather, we are his gift and servants.

I'm somewhat sure it's your name on the electricians experience verification form and or employees history form where it says 'notice': last name, first name, middle name, suffix (SR or JR,) or I ,or, II or III ....(your generation descent.)

And, also on the electricians experience verification that's the master electrician
or (contractor) his name must be exact as it is on his TDLR documents.

This may be your discrepancy, I believe, between the two forms. Look it over carefully and make any corrections.

This is a very common mistake made quite often by applicants filling out government forms (TDLR). I see it all the time, you really got to watch what you do carefully. What I'm doing now is what I do for my students today but, way before they send in their documents.

So, make the corrections on a clean form(s) and look it over before you email it. Make a copy for yourself.

Now, you can expect it to take another 4-6 weeks or longer. If still nothing back by then from TDLR, you can call or email them.

Last resort, call me and I will give you a phone number to call and talk to a real live human being and get results faster.

NO, you are not giving up on this, now that you got me involved, we are going to get you a journeyman's license!

Just do as I instruct you through this minor set back. I'm not quick to take advantage of you nor am I being a smart-aleck.

My passion is helping you guys and girls get a TDLR electrical license and together we can do it!
I'm in my 27th year of teaching electrical Code classes and I've taught about 100 +- students.

Now, again, when you fill out your exam application and before you send it to PSI (testing administrator) carefully, make sure the application exactly matches the documents that you have resent to TDLR. PSI have a very worldly-wise security system.

Failure to do so will cause another 4-6 weeks or longer and a repeat of what you're doing now. Now it becomes a pain.

If we need to further talk we will use the closed circuit avenue of the Code Forum.

Finally, if you're not studying now, then you need to start right now as this will give you an additional two months +to better prepare your self for the exam. You need a text book, too. If you wish I can get you started on the right path to achieving your goal ....a TDLR license journeyman.

A word from Mike Holt's mantra, "Help somebody who you have no reason to help...help them because you want to help them...."

Thanks for reading.
Comments accepted.
TX+MASTER #4544
I have an update today after calling customer service. It turns out they have denied my hours that were signed off by a master SIGN electrician, because I mistakenly applied for a general electricians journeymans, where I meant to apply for the SIGN electrician journeyman. I meant to apply for sign, I could have sworn I applied for sign, but their records show otherwise.
The customer service rep was really helpful, understood the problem, and helped resolve the situation. She sent me an email verifying they have my app fee, they have my hours, I just printed out the sign electrician journeymans application, scanned it in, and uploaded it to the web link she sent me.
She made it seem like it would be a way faster turnaround than I thought it would be. I am hoping that was all that was needed.
On my studying, I have been utilizing the Mike Holt stuff, I have an outdated NEC I have been using for practice tests but will order a new one today. Besides that I am in the field learning hands on as well.
I really appreciate the help, I am really trying to better me and my family's life and this license is the next step. I will gladly accept any insight on the test in general, the practice tests I have been taking have been at times difficult. I just plan on plugging at it until I get it, then work for the next one. Thank you again