Just a disaster..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
And Capt. George's seafood buffet where Va Beach Blvd and Laskin Rd meet. It was great way back when.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Some times you just have to play politics in order to get laws passed. I believe NE had to exempt some areas, farms and private single family homes, from inspection to get our State Electrical Act passed. Some of the POCOs now require a permit be taken on irrigation wells or pivots prior to connection of power, but that is their requirement, not state law.

iwire

Staff member
It was ten years ago but one of my most relaxing vacations was spent right on Virginia Beach.

I saw how laid back things where in VA compared to MA I was seriously thinking of looking for job down there. But I would miss my family and friends up here to much to move.

mcclary's electrical

It was ten years ago but one of my most relaxing vacations was spent right on Virginia Beach.

I saw how laid back things where in VA compared to MA I was seriously thinking of looking for job down there. But I would miss my family and friends up here to much to move.

yes, laid back we are:grin:

chevyx92

I think you were told a good story, VA Beach has a longer history of building permits. It all started after they built Shore Drive and people layed stake claims from route 17 (chick's beach) to Seashore State Park. This was in the mid 1920's.

In fact there was so much building going on that City of VB (before 25 years ago)and the farmers down in Pungo got worried and created the Green Line where no mass construction could happen below this line.
No new Building on farmers land without a permit/ use application, etc., it's very restrictive.

Yes his building was already there and he needed power, I'll give you that... :)

This Green line started at, I recall, on the road to Sandbridge or even at the end of Princess Anne Rd around VB's central services plaza, and below.
One has to realize that this is number two of VA's largest land mass city's, I beleive Suffolk is number one, the City of Suffolk just remained the county to be the city of...

This is in North Carolina. :grin:

cadpoint

Well, seems the Barn is out and the farmer was correct, but does depend on the usuage of the structure.

NCGA - Law

I still find it hard to beleive that the county wouldn't be interested in the electricial though.

Last edited:

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........

Yep! Us Virginians take our leisure time seriously! We are a laid back bunch!
You come down here again Bob and I'm sure we can do a meet and greet in your honor!

Status
Not open for further replies.