Just wanted to share a huge problem waiting happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I will certainly have to create some sort of low impedance path back to the source and hope that the ancient Trumbull OCPD with trip on a fault condition. I am just concerned with the shock hazard associated with this type situation. I don't want anyone to walk by and grab the railing or metal pipe and be electrocuted.

down the unit, sprinkle these at contact points.....

connect them with an unbroken bare #6 copper, leaving the tail end of
the ground wire long enough to hang down into the water, run it outside
of the conduit, exposed until it gets back up to something that is grounded
well, like a disconnect or box where you get from sealtight to hard pipe,
use a ground strap on that conduit, and turn it all back on.

nobody will go home dead. it'll work, and cost less than $100, including
labor.

if your employer balks at spending $100 on this, smile, nod, and go back
to looking on monster.com or craigslist for a new position.

down the unit, sprinkle these at contact points.....

connect them with an unbroken bare #6 copper, leaving the tail end of
the ground wire long enough to hang down into the water, run it outside
of the conduit, exposed until it gets back up to something that is grounded
well, like a disconnect or box where you get from sealtight to hard pipe,
use a ground strap on that conduit, and turn it all back on.

nobody will go home dead. it'll work, and cost less than $100, including
labor.

if your employer balks at spending $100 on this, smile, nod, and go back
to looking on monster.com or craigslist for a new position.

Interesting, cant say i have ever see those before. What exactly are they called?

kwired

Electron manager
Pump and motor in the photo sure looks like it is pumping media that has been piped to the pump vs the typical "sump pump" that has an open inlet and is submerged into the media to be pumped. I would say the tank in the photo is a "surge tank" of some sort has a level switch attached to the side of it and this switch turns on the motor/motor controls when the media reaches a predetermined level. Same switch very likely turns it off once media drops below a certain level.

Question in the first photo is whether or not this motor is submerged in liquid, or if it is just surrounded by water vapor, which looks like a pretty good possibility.

Pump and motor in the photo sure looks like it is pumping media that has been piped to the pump vs the typical "sump pump" that has an open inlet and is submerged into the media to be pumped. I would say the tank in the photo is a "surge tank" of some sort has a level switch attached to the side of it and this switch turns on the motor/motor controls when the media reaches a predetermined level. Same switch very likely turns it off once media drops below a certain level.

Question in the first photo is whether or not this motor is submerged in liquid, or if it is just surrounded by water vapor, which looks like a pretty good possibility.

Yes i believe you are correct on the surge tank operation. It has a level probe on the side that controls the pump. As for the "white" liquid in the pit. It is some sort of used liquid product that backed up in the pit due to a plugged drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.