Kindle Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
It wasn't even a year ago when Kindle was making a big deal out of having a machine that didn't get glare from the sun...then they put out this thing that is just as susceptible to glare as the product they were smearing in their commercials.

well, yeah.

prolly had something to do with the fact that people were standing 30 deep
in line to buy the "glare infused" product, at twice the price of their spiffy doodle
product.

i have an ipad. i like how it works. most people with ipads liked them enough
to keep them. ya had 30 days to return it, no questions asked.

some people don't like apple products 'cause it's a seamless world, and you
can't get outside of everything being integrated.

after dealing with Micro$loth since dos 4.01, and hacking hardware since
"high bandwith" was a USR dual standard, i'm ok with seamless.
at this point, i'm old and tired, and don't want to have to remember a
modem init string past AT&

mkgrady

After having the Kindle Fire for over a week I still can not respond to posts on this site (I'm on my desktop now). When I click in the place to type the keyboard does not come up. It does come up when I click on the title box. It's very frustrating. Otherwise I like the KF. It is very portable, good for web browsing, email, reading books and the price is right. The ironic part is that I bough it mainly so I could use this site without going to my desk top computer.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
After having the Kindle Fire for over a week I still can not respond to posts on this site (I'm on my desktop now). When I click in the place to type the keyboard does not come up. It does come up when I click on the title box. It's very frustrating. Otherwise I like the KF. It is very portable, good for web browsing, email, reading books and the price is right. The ironic part is that I bough it mainly so I could use this site without going to my desk top computer.

i haven't bothered with forum runner or any of the apps for the ipad... just using safari,
and it works pretty well.... and thats a good thing, cause my hp envy grenaded last night.

shut it off to reboot and thats all she wrote. get the boot screen, and then it freezes.
escape key does nothing.... went on the hp support forum and there is a guy describing
the exact same thing with the exact same laptop, and he posted it at the same time mine
died, within a minute or two.

i am about ready to go buy a high end mac laptop and load it to run windows 7.
at least it'll work when i turn it on.

computers suck.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I decided to cheap out and get a Kindle Fire instaed of an Ipad. It wasn't just the price, I like the size better.

I am having a problem with responding to posts on this site ( I haven't tried other sites). When I try to reply it allows me to type into the title box but when I touch the message area my virtual keyboard does not show so I can't type my reply. Anybody seen this and figured out a fix?

I bought one just to answer your question. Switch to the basic editor in your forum settings. You lose the smileys however.

mkgrady

I decided to cheap out and get a Kindle Fire instaed of an Ipad. It wasn't just the price, I like the size better.

I am having a problem with responding to posts on this site ( I haven't tried other sites). When I try to reply it allows me to type into the title box but when I touch the message area my virtual keyboard does not show so I can't type my reply. Anybody seen this and figured out a fix?

Well, I,m getting somewhere now, thanks to George. I,m responding from the kindle. I don,t know why the above text is displayed but this is progress any I,m thrilled

Status
Not open for further replies.