Kitchen outlet layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

olly

Occupation
Master Electrician
Could someone please refresh my memory on outlet lay out in a kitchen? There needs to be one every two feet and there doesn't have to be one behind the sink? Correct

Does the fridge usually go on the kitchen circuit, just dont make it gfi protected?

THe microwave has to have its own circuit?

ammklq143

Occupation
Electrician
There needs to be a receptacle within 2 ft of any point on the wall, meaning you could go 4 ft per receptacle, but 4ft is too far in my opinion. 2 ft. is much better. Nothing behind the sink.

I generally run individual circuits for refrigerator, dishwasher, garbage disposal, and microwave. The receptacles inside cabinets in which the cord has to pass through a cabinet door opening do not need to be GFCI protected with the exception of the dishwasher receptacle if you use a cord and receptacle for that.

Could someone please refresh my memory on outlet lay out in a kitchen? There needs to be one every two feet and there doesn't have to be one behind the sink? Correct

Does the fridge usually go on the kitchen circuit, just dont make it gfi protected?

THe microwave has to have its own circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.