Kitchen Power Density

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvirgil467

Anyone have a feel the w/sq.ft for a high-end kitchen restaurant facility that uses gas for cooking. Looking for the overall facility w/sq.ft, not just the cooking area.

Thanks.
c

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I would never try to calculate a building's load based on area alone, especially a commercial kitchen, and even if it's mostly gas powered.

I'd insist on cut sheets or specs for every piece of equipment and every lighting fixture, inside and out. There may be audio/video gear, too.

gravy

I would never try to calculate a building's load based on area alone, especially a commercial kitchen, and even if it's mostly gas powered.

I'd insist on cut sheets or specs for every piece of equipment and every lighting fixture, inside and out. There may be audio/video gear, too.
I would agree when it comes to producing the construction documents and for the application for service with the POCO.

For schematic planning (when you don't have any info from consultants yet) it is good to get an initial sense of the service size that the kitchen area contributes. depending on square footage....my estimates have ranged from 35-50 W/SF. smaller square footages have the higher W/SF. My disclaimer is that these are not code numbers.....they are based on Owner requirements and Leases that I have seen in past projects. And this is just the kitchen areas....if the kitchen "areas" include dining...then the number goes way down since the dining area has very little load.

Status
Not open for further replies.