Kitchen Receptacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcraven0522

Occupation
Engineer
I have attached a PDF with a marked location for a peninsula receptacle. Would you agree a receptacle would be required as shown? This is a big deal to me since there are several hotel dwelling units on this project. Would this also need to be GFCI type as well?

Attachments

• SOSC_living unit peninsular island receptacles.pdf
    357.7 KB · Views: 31

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have attached a PDF with a marked location for a peninsula receptacle. Would you agree a receptacle would be required as shown? This is a big deal to me since there are several hotel dwelling units on this project. Would this also need to be GFCI type as well?

Yes. The peninsula is broken up into 2 parts with the sink in there so one is required. Make sure they leave room there with the dishwasher right at the end.

210.52(C)(4) Separate Spaces. Countertop spaces separated by rangetops,
refrigerators, or sinks shall be considered as separate
countertop spaces in applying the requirements of
210.52(C)(1). If a range, counter-mounted cooking unit, or
sink is installed in an island or peninsular countertop and the
depth of the countertop behind the range, counter-mounted
cooking unit, or sink is less than 300 mm (12 in.), the range,
counter-mounted cooking unit, or sink shall be considered to
divide the countertop space into two separate countertop
spaces. Each separate countertop space shall comply with the
applicable requirements in 210.52(C).

WA_Sparky

Electrical Engineer
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I know its not the OP's question but...

The light for the walk through closet with double doors. Do you intend on having this on its own switch, 3 way, or tie it in with the bathroom?

Also, look at the walls where the plumbing is fed to both tub and shower. I did a apartment complex once where the shower stall in the units were flipped during construction after the EC did his work. This caused causing the plumbing for the shower to be in wall bordering a corridor. I got a comment back saying the receptacles in the hall need to be relocated cause they conflicts with the piping. Whats the typical horizontal distance one would need to install a receptacle on the back side of a wall near plumbing? Or how much lateral space does the plumbing take up?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Whats the typical horizontal distance one would need to install a receptacle on the back side of a wall near plumbing? Or how much lateral space does the plumbing take up?

I believe it just needs to be in a different stud space. The wall you mention would be a fire wall so you can't have openings back to back in the same stud space.

Tulsa Electrician

Occupation
Electrician
Since you have concerns about recpt placement. I would look at you kitchen plans and A page for the bath room sink vanity.
The cabinet beside the fridge looks to be a 12" +. Also you bath GFCI may to far away from the second basin.
I base it on the size of the fridge which is usually 36 wide. Also the toilet is usually a 32" to 36" space.

Kitchen recpt 210.52 (C) (1)
Bath recpt 210.52 (D)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-190754.png
    Screenshot_20220608-190754.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220608-190828.png
    Screenshot_20220608-190828.png
    48 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.