Knob and Tube Question

Not open for further replies.


New member
I have an old building that has some K+T, its a 2nd floor apartment. I have a wall sconce that I want to replace, when I removed it, the leads that are 14GA stranded wire that are attached to the K+T and a bit shotty looking so i want to replace them. 6 Knob and tube wires come together at this light, 3 Hot and 3 Neutral, and I want to replace the stranded wire for the light. Whats the best way to do it, Cut the soldered junction off and use wire nuts?



Senior Member
I am sorry Steve, but your question seems to be a DIY one and I am closing this thread.

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.
Not open for further replies.