Labor rate in Northeast Teaxs, Southwest Arkansas Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgr1

If anyone is from this area and willing to share their labor rate I would be interested in what they are charging for service work,remodel, small comercial work (75,000) in the electrical part.

satcom

sgr1 said:
If anyone is from this area and willing to share their labor rate I would be interested in what they are charging for service work,remodel, small comercial work (75,000) in the electrical part.

Labor rates will vary all over the place, they are your cost of labor with burden added and overhead and operating expeses added to that, a typical labor rate may be $90 for small residential jobs ant $150 to $200 for service work, commercial work will depent on the skills required and the size of the job, again every area will be different depending on the local economy, direct labor cost and the pool of qualified labor.

sparkyjim

While I can tell you what it SHOULD be; most of the "established" shops that have been around for 40yrs or so, are in the $90-95/hr range for 1st journeyman, $75/hr for helper for high-end res and commercial. The challenge is the "recent immigrant work force" is really creating a cut-throat environment.

An example: Existing 100A pop-bottle meter, with SE cable riser and FPE panel. Change to 200A meterbase, GRC riser (can't use PVC) and 200A panel with Main and all the breakers. What's your price? They are doing them for $800-1000. And that is including permit fee.

Yes, there's a lot of work here. And some of the established companies (you know, real businesses) are on the verge of going under.

Status
Not open for further replies.