labor savings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJW

I've found that often times it's difficult to crawl around under houses or in attics with tool bags or aprons on... it's also kind of hard to stick stuff in your pockets (tool handles get hung up in tight spots, cable staples impale you, hard to fumble around for stuff..)

We came up with a solution by accident.. went to the grocery store for lunch one day, grabbed one of those plastic hand baskets... took it through the self-checkout stand and walked right out the door without even noticing that I still had the basket. Whoops. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the next day I had to spend some time under a house... the basket was still in the van... so I piled all my crap into it. Tools, materials, wire, everything. I tied a short piece of rope to it so now I can just drag it around with me. Works out pretty slick.

I did something similar a couple years ago and it worked really slick. I had to run 1 1/2 emt a couple hundred feet in the crawl spaces of 5 or 6 dorm buildings. I bought a plactic snow sled a put all my tools and materials on it. I drug it along beside me and it saved a ton of time.

I have never worn a pouch. I used the lumber yard aprons for staples and wirenuts when I did new houses but my tools were still in my pockets.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I haven't been happy with a tool pouch since the leather ones became so hard to find locally. The bigger fabric pouches never seem to hold anything in place. Whatever you want is on the bottom. Right now I use a round fabric bag with handles that carries most everthing...on the bottom. Way back it seems I used to be able to grab whatever tool I needed from my leather pouch and not have to look. Now I cfs.

I do have an apron that works well for roughin or devicing. Just change what is in the pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.