Large Chandelier

Status
Not open for further replies.

eds

I need to install a large chandelier likely around 70 lbs, didn’t show up with any type of mounting hardware. Fixture has been in storage for sometime and the mounting hardware has been lost. Whats a good source for large chandelier parts. Nobody knows who made the fixture

Knuckle Dragger

Master Electrician Electrical Contractor 01752
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I need to install a large chandelier likely around 70 lbs, didn’t show up with any type of mounting hardware. Fixture has been in storage for sometime and the mounting hardware has been lost. Whats a good source for large chandelier parts. Nobody knows who made the fixture
I have a couple of 5 gallon buckets full of over 40 years worth of parts. ;)

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I assume it will have to be supported independently unless you have a box suitable for 70 lbs. I am sure a quick search will help. You may need something like this that mounts to wood behind the box.

1678917852312.png

Tulsa Electrician

Occupation
Electrician
I assume it will have to be supported independently unless you have a box suitable for 70 lbs. I am sure a quick search will help. You may need something like this that mounts to wood behind the box.

View attachment 2564439
We call that the nipple and the hickey is between the rod of the fixture and nipple shown. That may be why you have no parts.
There is an allowance for box fill when used.

d0nut

How high is the ceiling and how often will you need to change lamps in the chandelier? The answers to those questions will tell you if it should be on a lift or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.