Laundry room/mudroom af/gfi requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctaylo360860

Occupation
ME
Looking to get some clarifications on 2020 code requirements. Doing a laundry room and this is what I’ve come up with...
30 amp 240v dryer receptacle will need Gfci protection- fed from main

20 amp 120v laundry receptacle will need arc fault/ Gfci protection- fed from main

20 amp 120v laundry convenience outlets need arc fault/ Gfci protection, and only serve the receptacles inside laundry room. -fed from 50a sub circuit 2

20 amp 120v-outside receptacles and lights
receptacles will be WRgfci. Outside lights are fed of line side of outside Gfci- fed from 50a sub circuit 4

30 amp 240v heater- heater will be hard wired. Heater is 5000watts/240v=20.83X 125%= 26.03 fed from 50a sub circuits 1/3 not sure if I’m missing anything for the heater.

that’s what I came up with after looking through my book. Again any and all help is appreciated!

Attachments

• BA2F6E28-FB3A-4D96-96E0-6E1A4D1BEEEE.jpeg
    BA2F6E28-FB3A-4D96-96E0-6E1A4D1BEEEE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

rc/retired

Occupation
Master Electrician/Inspector retired
I don't see a violation with what you propose. However, (there's always a however in life), the switch that controls the outside lights may need AFCI protection.
Ron

ctaylo360860

Occupation
ME
I don't see a violation with what you propose. However, (there's always a however in life), the switch that controls the outside lights may need AFCI protection.
Ron
Thanks for the input! I haven't done house wiring in three years plus, and i know there were a lot of changes for 2020 added. easy fix on trim if that's the case, throw in an af breaker, and should be good to go. Thanks again for the taking the time to post on my thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.