Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
+1 blue beam for simple layouts. I use it on my iPad also for quick edits in the field that I need to share or for doing redline drawings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgookin

What program do you use for wiring layout? Drawings are provided of the rooms. I'm looking for something to "draw" the wiring, switches, lighting, and outlets

I use Autocad but I'm not going to suggest you go through all that cost & time to learn it without knowing what you need to accomplish.

Are you doing trade drawings which are going back to an architect or engineer? If so you could probably hand draw them, take pictures, send them back and let them do the cad work.

dionysius

What program do you use for wiring layout? Drawings are provided of the rooms. I'm looking for something to "draw" the wiring, switches, lighting, and outlets

Visio.....but.....

however, I am very interested in learning another more user intuitive software package that can do very good industrial schematics and layouts with three phase wiring. I would like a code compliance editor incorporated. What is out there?????

keith gigabyte

I use Autocad but I'm not going to suggest you go through all that cost & time to learn it without knowing what you need to accomplish.

Are you doing trade drawings which are going back to an architect or engineer? If so you could probably hand draw them, take pictures, send them back and let them do the cad work.
Not a lit of detail needed receive off files of the interior framing/room dimensions. I'm just trying to indicate outlets, switches, and log hinting along with wiring. Just so my guys have a plan of how I want it wired

Status
Not open for further replies.