LED backup emergency light not on

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennguyen999

Occupation
Facilities
Hello everyone
I have question, just installed LED backup emergency light fixture (RAB brand) after install the light won't turn on, I put a test button the light is on. Please let me know what I need to do.

Thank you

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
What sort of lighting? Trougher, Egress, etc.? There are also types that are Emergency lighting only then others that will operate under "normal" conditions as well as power outage. RAB makes many different types.

How are you connected to the electrical industry?

bennguyen999

Occupation
Facilities
Hello Everyone

I just replaced new LED backup light fixture and connected same wire from the old backup light fixture.

1-From electrical panel there are four wires coming: Brow, Gray, White and Green.

2-From LED backup light fixture have four wires: Switch hot, Unswitch hot, White and Green.

3-Connected Brow, Switch hot, Unswitch hot together.

4-Connected Gray wire from electrical panel and White wire from light fixture together. White wire from electrical panel free no connect, that the old light fixture connected before.

5-Connected two Green wire together.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
The best advice we can give you is to contact a local electrician. Trying to troubleshoot this type of problem from a keyboard can lead to wrong and possibly dangerous suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.